Thursday, August 6, 2009

ALL GOOD PEOPLE

If you saw my Borderboys post today about my day with the plumber you would know why I think yesterday was a better day!



There I am with my arm around a cute little 19-year-old. When that picture was taken I had only known him for about 20 minutes.
















While this guy was straight (although my gaydar that is quite accurate said he was at least a bit bi but played it straight cause the girlfriend was there) he still was one of the best sort of people I have met in a long time.

I had things to do in downtown San Diego and decided to walk by Petco Park where the San Diego Padres play. Since I had a day off I really didn't intend on going in and seeing a game.

The guy in the pic above, Troy, asked me if I had a cigarette and I gave him one and we talked some baseball. While he and the rest of his party went over to the ticket window I talked to another friend I saw outside the park.

After a few minutes the guy, Troy, comes over and hands me a ticket and says that he wanted to buy me a ticket because I was nice to him and I gave him a cigarette. He said he was three weeks away from going into the Marines and was from Orange County.

Not a Padre fan, but an LA Dodger fan that we, at Petco Park, usually do not enjoying seeing at the park brought the other people in the picture down just to check out the park. No he didn't spend a fortune on me- it was 2 for 1 ticket day and since there were 5 of them he has an extra ticket.

Most people would try and sell off the extra ticket but fir a cigarette this guy gave me a premium ticket fir the game.

I just wanted to mention that experience from yesterday because while today, I am dealing with some evil, selfish lying pricks that live above me there are those rare people who truly have a good soul like this guy Troy.

If I am lucky I will hear from him again before he starts boot camp.

So ya in the world of selfish pricks there are good people...you just have to find them in all the weeds.


And now I have this Yes song stuck in my head...so....

No comments:

Post a Comment