Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm Going To Fly Away...

Don't let the past remind us of what are not now...

I love that lyric from this song...and I am thinking of a very special person I still miss...that came into my life for a long while last year and then for all practical reasons went away. I miss you my friend.

This is Crosby Stills and Nash at the Woodstock festival in 1969






Stephen Stills wrote this about his then-girlfriend, Folk singer Judy Collins. In their 1991 boxed set, Stills said: "It started out as a long narrative poem about my relationship with Judy Collins. It poured out of me over many months and filled several notebooks. I had a hell of a time getting the music to fit. I was left with all these pieces of song and I said, 'Let's sing them together and call it a suite,' because they were all about the same thing and they led up to the same point."

that's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment