Saturday, November 20, 2010

HARRY POTTER AND THE TREASURE TRAIL

Who would have thought, ten years ago, when the first Harry Potter film - "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" that the innocent looking little wizard would develop into grown man complete with a fuzzy treasure trail?

Years ago I was given one of the JK Rowling books- I think it was the third one "Prisoner of Azkaban" and at first I wondered why in the hell my friend wanted me to write a children's book.

But I gave it a go anyway and became engrossed in the story and more particularly the writing style of JK Rowling.

Simplistic enough for a child to read yet laden with subtle moral lessons- that she stated she never intended consciously to do the book and the series grabbed me.

The first movie and the second was quite true to the novel. The third was alright and missed only a few points.

But by the time they released the fourth film "Goblet of Fire" (I had already read that book) I was sorely disappointed at how they stripped away some of the brilliant character development that JK Rowling had originally written.

I know the movies are not supposed to be the novels- word for word but I still would have hoped they would have been a bit better.

By far, during the course of the Harry Potter run, the books out-shined the movies ten to one.

So now I am debating whether I actually want to go see this movie in two parts and add to the 61 plus million it made just yesterday.

My partner, who didn't read the books, but likes the movies wants to go see it...so I probably will end up seeing it as well.

When I do I will let you know what I think.

Have you seen the movie?

If so please comment and let me know what you thought of part one!

"E" online has posted the full video of the movie's premiere in NYC...and here it is for you rabid Harry Potter fans!



No comments:

Post a Comment