Monday, June 28, 2010

A PINKBERRY FOR DAVID

Remember David Archuleta from American Idol in 2008?

The giggly little twink that made millions of teenage girls go through multiple pairs of panties (boys too I assume).

Well I was catching up on some back reading of the advocate online today and came across this piece about him back in April:

"American Idol season 7 star David Archuleta is denying speculation that he is gay after being spotted at a gay nightclub.

He claims to have gone to the New York City club to see his dance-artist friend Charice perform before grabbing some Pinkberry, according to his Twitter page."

OK, let's stop there for a second- Pinkberry? Ok if you like that joint it doesn't mean you are gay but I just find it amusing since our Pinkberry in San Diego is smack dab in the middle of gay Hillcrest!

"His flurry of tweets in reaction talk on Twitter attempted to let fans know that he is not actually gay. One tweet explains, "NO worries all, I wouldn't get into things like that intentionally haha" and another says, "I just didn't want you guys to be worried, so had to let you guys know the facts!"

Ok so what would they be worried about? His record company- his legion of screaming female fans- THAT DAVID IS A COCKSUCKER!

Tell me what that really has to do with being a performer? Well nothing to me but to the people that sell his stuff to the masses, don't ask don't tell wont even work. One thing that I hate is when you see a celebrity like this that you know- if it wasn't for fame and, in his case, religious shame preaching (he is a Mormon) he would be out.

Let's take a look at his tweets.

His tweets on the matter (oldest to newest):

Hey guys just wanted to clear something up real quick lol. Last night in New York I got invited to go and see my friend Charice perform.. [link]

Mental note to self: always ask where before you go! Wasn’t my kind of place lol, and I had no clue! I guess you live and learn. The.. [link]

LET'S STOP HERE FOR A SECOND...THIS GUY IS A PRETTY MAJOR RECORDING ARTIST AND THESE PEOPLE HAVE PEOPLE THAT TELL THEM WHEN TO EAT, WHEN TO FART AND CERTAINLY TELL THEM ABOUT THE PLACES THEY ARE MAKING APPEARANCES AT. UNLESS HE RAN AWAY ON HIS OWN I REALLY FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT HE HAD NO CLUE! I THINK HE KNEW WHAT TYPE OF JOINT IT WAS BUT DIDN'T EXPECT HIS FANS TO TRIP OUT ABOUT HIM GOING TO A GAY CLUB TO SEE CHARICE PERFORM.

More of his tweets-

upside was that Clarice was awesome, and she has an incredible voice. Hope that clears things up! Been seeing some of the tweets.. sheesh! [link]

Can get crazy quick. NO worries all, I wouldn’t get into things like that intentionally haha. Hope you guys have a good Sunday! [link]

GET INTO THINGS LIKE THAT? WHAT STEPPING FOOT INSIDE A CLUB FULL OF QUEERS- MANY OF WHOM HAVE BOUGHT YOUR DEBUT CD?

@kahlidalbow Back home :) . Spending time with the family! I just didn’t want you guys to be worried so had to let you guys know the facts! [link]

WORRIED THAT HE IS A COCKSUCKER I GUESS- I SUPPOSE HIS MUSIC WOULD SUDDENLY SUCK ASS TO ALL THESE PANTY-WET GIRLS IF HE EVER DID COME OUT- HYPOCRITES.

@DebVaFOD Thanks a bunch! Charice is great and she didn’t mean to cause any harm haha. She apologized a lot after. She’s way nice lol. [link]

WHAT DID SHE HAVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR? ALMOST GETTING HIM OUTED?

@hamghost I have friends who are gay, and they’re great people. Whether they’re gay or not doesn’t change how I think of them. [link]

@hamghost I have nothing against anyone, I’m sorry if that’s how it came across. I’m just not into the partying scene lol. [link]

SOMEONE CURIOUSLY MUST HAVE READ HIS BEADS- WHILE TRYING TO EASE THE FEARS OF HOMOPHOBIC FEMALE FANS ARCHIE CAME OFF AS A HOMOPHOBE HIMSELF! WHOOPS!

SO NOW IT WASN'T THE FACT THAT IT WAS A GAY CLUB BUT A CLUB IN GENERAL...OK...AND IF HE LIKES GAY PEOPLE SO MUCH, AND REALLY ISN'T A SCREAMING BOTTOM QUEEN,HOW COME HE WASN'T BOOKED AT ANY GAY PRIDE EVENT OR SHOWED SUPPORT IN A PARADE?

@officialcharice Aw haha thanks Charice! Sorry for causing any problems, I know you didn’t mean to cause any confusion :) [link]


Now what is the point of all this besides showing you how gay teen performers are shoved into the closet?...ok I don't know if he is gay or bi for a fact but my gaydar is pretty accurate and it dings like a four alarm fire bell when I see him.

Someone asked me last week why I like Danny Noriega, who was also on the show that year and who I twit to from time to time.

Long story short, Mama Fluff and I watched Idol that year because a local gal Carly Smithson- who was actually our waitress when we ate at The Field restaurant before she got on the show was in the competition.

The added bonus was Danny. Both Mama Fluff and I agreed that he had a lot of talent and that we thought he was unique for being himself on the show.

What I don't get though is why this person is not signed to a record deal yet. I mean come on folks- campy stereotype Adam Lambert has a record deal and Danny is a better singer than him in my opinion so what the fuck?

I think Ellen DeGeneres, who just started her own record label should give this guy a chance to do an album. He doesn't have to be campy like Lambert to sell records he just has to sing as good as he does.

Earlier this year he released a signal, that you can listen to and buy here on Amazon.

It is really a good song and I think it is time someone steps up to the plate and gives this guy what he deserves.

Twinky Archuleta came in second to a guy named David Cook who had a horridly screechy voice. Archie would have won but the voters (and people on the show) that thought having a gay - or perceived gay American Idol was a bad idea made sure he came in second even though he was the better singer in the end.

No offense against Archuleta but I think when he gets older and the teenage girls they market him to grow up and their is a new made to be straight twinky on the block we will see this guy do a Ricky Martin.

Meanwhile, if given the chance, Danny Noriega will continue to be himself and entertain for years.

I just may start the petition campaign to get Ellen to sign Danny to a record deal..not because he is gay but because he is a great singer and entertainer and he is the epitome of what gay pride is.

Being proud of who and what you are even if it means watching others fly past you because they can convince brain dead drooling females and straight males that they are just as much of a straight as they are.

I like Archuleta's music but his statements about gays sound like those that many in the closet make- I have no trouble with gay people, I have gay friends but it would be awful if I was one. But I guess in our world one has to do what they have to do to be a sucess because the music industry generally doesn't like us queers unless we are stereotypes like Adam Lambert and they certainly frown on openly gay teens being on TV or being signed to record deals- because only straight people buy CD's and watch TV, right?

Here is one of Archie's new songs...





He sang this but if he believes the lyrics why did he apologize for being in a gay club when I bet a lot of gays bought his music and voted for him because they thought he was cute.

3 comments:

  1. Michael in BrooklynJune 29, 2010 at 6:33 AM

    Exactly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like adam lambert a lot, pretty damn good singer, as for danny could make his own label and just upload music to the internet like itunes etc ,Jay Brannan has his own record he makes all the money mostly to himself, and travels to many countries to sing as well, record companies make a lot of money off the artist some major bands started to just upload and produce their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as for david he's not that talented imo and sometimes again it's marketing, jay brannan is not stereotypical and is pretty popular in his own right, imo best way is to have their own record and put them on itunes and amazon mp3 and maybe do some cd's as well.

    ReplyDelete