Tuesday, December 1, 2009

COFFEE AND A DONATION

I will be the first to admit it- I am a coffee addict.

When my partner and I go out for coffee in Hillcrest we prefer Peets Coffee...more for atmosphere and the great tasting coffee over the Starbucks chain.

But I do go into Starbucks for the tasty Java Chip they serve- I just love those things with lots of whipped cream.

Anyhow the reason I am bringing up coffee today is because today is WORLD AIDS DAY...a curious choice for the day considering they look for donations and it is in between the post Thanksgiving, "black Friday" shopping frenzy and the December holidays...would have been better to select a month where there isn't much happening like March 1st...and thanks to a post by a blogger that I read on the Borderboys blog follow list I learned that Starbucks is doing something special today.

According to the post on the HOT FOOT BLOG:

"Starbucks will donate 5 Cents for every hand crafted coffee drink sold on World Aids Day, December 1, 2009 to AIDS foundations around the world. So stop by your local Starbucks and enjoy a great latte, or other hand crafted coffee, listen to some awesome music, or just talk to the hot Starbucks boys and help end HIV-AIDS. Its the right thing to do!"

I couldn't agree more so if you are out and about and thinking of having some java...assuming there is a Starbucks near you...get your coffee there today. Every little helps in the fight to eradicate the disease the Reagan crime family unleashed on homosexuals in the early 1980's.

No comments:

Post a Comment